Wednesday, October 8, 2008

#5 Flickr: My favorite vacation photo of all time


100_0080
Originally uploaded by pearl1757

(You thought I was kidding about the vacation slides...?)

But, seriously, here's what worked for me and my thoughts during this exercise:

1. I had to find my old Yahoo account info.

2. I had to bring some photos from home. I used my flash drive. They needed to be in jpg format - not all of them were.

3. Getting the two applications to talk to each other made sense, once I figured it out. It took a little time, though.

4. I only got this to work by writing my post in Flickr. I think there's a way to get the Flickr photos into Blogger, so I can write my post in the usual way, but I haven't figured that out yet.

5. I understand that some people are really into the social networking stuff. I'm finding that I use parts of it when I need it - but it's not a way of life to me. I already subscribe to several RSS feeds, though, so I'm looking forward to that week's project a lot. I want to explore some different aggregators - I'm not thrilled with the one I use at home.

No comments: