Sunday, February 1, 2009

#21 - Podcasts

I did a class assignment a couple of semesters ago on Podcasts and Videocasts, so that was when I discovered Podcastalley. At that time, I subscribed to a couple of Harry Potter fan clubs that had podcasts, and I'm still subscribed. I enjoyed it, my kids enjoyed it - just for fun. I check it out on occasions, even now. I also discovered that lots of libraries are using podcasts. I remember PLCMC doing some great teen podcasts, and also the Orange County FL library doing a podcast of the author Avi doing a reading at their library. That's very cool, and a nice thing for libraries to offer to patrons. I'm thinking online storytimes, how-to's, etc.

Now, I'm not so sure that we need to do those types of things in-house. We have mylibraryDV for the how-to's and travel and movies and more. I think we could best use podcasts and videocasts to demonstrate our own systems - video walkthroughs of using the self-checkout machines, or using our online catalog and databases. Maybe tours of each of our libraries.

So, here's my podcast post:

http://feeds2.feedburner.com/LibVibe



(Dang! I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong on these links! I'm on my home computer - the one that coughs and chokes a lot. Maybe that's the problem?!?)

No comments: