Sunday, February 1, 2009

#23 Finished...for now....temporarily

This was fun. It was great for me - I knew some of these, but also learned plenty.

One thing we didn't cover was the online "radio" shows - like BlogTalk radio, etc. These are archived as podcasts, so can be available anytime, but could be utilized as another online offering for our patrons. We could do a Children's Librarian storytime every Tuesday evening at 7:00 or something. Then they'd still be archived for later listening.

One thing I wished I'd known before I started was how many different things I'd need to set up user names/passwords/emails/etc. I think I have dozens of sign-ons all related to this 23 things exercise. I now need to go back and try to standardize these - a Single Sign On would be nice.

But, overall, I really enjoyed doing all the tasks, and I'll be using lots of these applications in the future. It will be easy to think of these things when I need them, now that I've played around with them a bit.

So - thanks to the O! What a Geek team for putting this together.

No comments: